We help people into private rented accommodation, where appropriate.
If you are a landlord with property to let we want to hear from you!
Our bond assistance scheme is just one of the ways that we could help. By providing a paper bond ‘guarantee’ up to the value of 1 month’s rent, we can help people to access the private rented sector.
What are the benefits to a landlord?
- not charge agency fees
- give free property advertising at The Cheltenham First Stop
- reimburse you to the value of the bond if there is any damage to the property
- verify a tenant’s previous housing history
- work closely with the housing benefits section to reduce delays and we can ensure swift payment of rent with direct payments to the landlord
- give clear advice on the rights and responsibilities involved in letting properties
- ensure that good housing advice is given to clients to help them to sustain their tenancy
- provide information on changes to relevant laws and benefits
- offer links to other services to promote and share best practice
To qualify for the bond scheme
- the property and any furniture must pass the legal basic fitness standard
- the property must pass an inspection by private sector housing before letting
- the rent must be no more than the appropriate Local Housing Allowance
- the tenancy agreement must be easy to understand (we can provide assistance with this) and for a minimum of 12 months
- landlords must not live in the property or provide bed and breakfast
- landlords must act in a responsible and lawful manner
- landlords will need to provide a Gas Safety Certificate and an Energy Performance Certificate
- landlords must allow Cheltenham Borough Homes to carry out an inventory which may include taking photos
For more information about this scheme or any other housing options, please contact us.